CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Valient Viewers of Braver Homes and Gardens

Friday, August 26, 2011

Tex Mex Party

Last weekend my mom threw her Second Annual Summer Theme Party.  Last year's was Polish everything which included a visit from my uncle from Texas and his family.

This year, my Texas uncle did NOT come.  Naturally, my mom's theme was, Tex-Mex.  There were a lot of little buckaroos that showed up including:

Bran Muffin and


My Dear-O

We, of course had a pinata


and my Grampa had a little fun with one of the pieces



My aunt Mardet from Las Vegas made it into town for a fun visit.  She's on the right, my sister Carrie is on the left.


They are eyeing each other as if to say, "This town ain't big enough for the both of us!"


Here's the star of the show, my mom, with her Mexican peasant blouse and skirt on complete with south of the border jewelry and hair.  Way to go mom!! 

As for me, I used Simplicity 5595, a favorite go-to pattern of mine, to make a gingham top.  I whipped it up in less than two hours:



And here I am with my favorite ranch hand, The Conductor.  (I tried to get him to wear a cowboy hat but he was a little too bashful). 


Nobody throws a theme party like my mom. !Ole! !Ole!


No comments: