CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Valient Viewers of Braver Homes and Gardens

Sunday, July 4, 2010

Independence Day

HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY!

With The Conductor out of town and no cookout invites from family or friends (which was fine by me!) I truly was independent today.  Most of my day was spent paintng (the results to be shown soon).  But I did take some time to be crafty in honor of Independence Day.

This is the stump in my front yard.  It used to be an evergreen that was taller than my house.  My grampa told me to have the tree guy leave 4 feet of stump.  He said he'd remove it for me and it would be easier if it was taller because you can rock it back and forth rather than breaking your back digging out a stump that's flush to the ground. 

Well....then he had knee replacement surgury.  And then was hospitalized for a blood problem and almost died.  Then he had a stroke.  And then he fell and broke his hip.  So I don't think he'll be helping me get this stump out.  But it  makes for good crafting. 

Stephanie here at Under the Porch and Dreaming made a fun flag ballister and I wanted one too.  Instead of a ballister, I used my stump:


Don't let the wind fool you.  It was muggy and humid as all get-out.  And I have no A/C. 

A special shout out to my brother who served in Iraq and is still in the reserves.  And to my Grampa who was a Marine in WWII.  We're the land of the free - because of the brave.


1 comment:

Stephanie Lynn @Under the Table and Dreaming said...

Oh my goodness - I love the tree stump as a flag holder!! How cool and creative. Thanks so much for adding a link back I greatly apprecite it! I would love to share this with my Facebook friends along with a link back. Let me know if it would be ok to do so. I just adore how you made this! Thanks so much for leaving me a comment - I am so glad I had a chacne to see what you did! Hope you are enjoying your week! ~ Stephanie Lynn