CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Valient Viewers of Braver Homes and Gardens

Thursday, April 8, 2010

Tax Time


I'm going to call this mix of stuff my 1040 mix.  Because preparing it was a lovely way to put off dealing with taxes.  Isn't that terrible?  I'm an accountant.  I should embrace tax time.  But I don't.  I'm dealing with peoples' money and a government mandate that scares people that don't understand it.  (Everytime I hear someone say "they should just have everyone pay the same percentage of their income.  It would be so much simpler!!" I just want to SCREAM!). 

Anyway, this time of year brings stress I'd rather just not deal with.  So taking the time to make a salad, with the washing and chopping and mixing, is a great way to put off the inevitable.  Celery, scallions, radish, and carrot are always on hand in my kitchen.  To this mix I also add a nut (toasted cashews or sesame seed, usually) and a fruit (dried cranberries or canned mandarin oranges). 

That's my basic mix.  From there I might toss it with chopped cabbage and a homemade vinaigrette for a coleslaw.
Or toss them with cubed leftover chicken and fold it into some dill-loaded Hellman's for an awesome chicken salad.

I actually have BOTH cabbage and chicken leftovers so I'm going with option #3.  I made a dressing of Hellman's, honey, lime juice, and white wine vinegar and added some iceburg lettuce and enjoyed one awesome 1040 Salad. 


I had enough leftovers for lunch tomorrow.  Ugh.  And now....it's officially tax time. 

No comments: